ESWEEK 2019 is happy to announce the ACM SIGBED, ACM SIGDA, IEEE CEDA, and NSF ESWEEK Opportunity Programs dedicated to supporting student participation at the event.
The Programs offer travel support to a limited number of students. Preference will be given to students being an author or co-author of a paper accepted at one of the conferences of ESWEEK 2019, and be in need for financial support. For an ACM or IEEE travel grant, the student has to be member of either ACM SIGBED (link), ACM SIGDA (link) or of IEEE CEDA (link). To be eligible for an NSF grant, the student must be a US student (enrolled at a US university or a US citizen/permanent resident) and not already supported by NSF funds.
In case of over-subscription, highest priority will be given to under-represented groups and students from institutions or countries that cannot afford the travel. Students with successful applications will be reimbursed for their expenses (or part of them) after the conference.
Applications should be sent to Juergen Teich via email (juergen[dot]teich[at]fau[dot]de) with subject "ESWEEK Travel Grant Application".
- Deadline for application: Extended to Septeber 17, 2019 (The original deadline was September 14, 2019.)
- Decision: September 21, 2019
- Applications must contain the following material:
- Full name of the applicant
- Complete contact information including email
- Current position at the institution
- Motivation letter of the applicant including the requested amount and justification
- Letter signed by the supervisor, supporting the application and, if applicable, stating other sources of funding
- Paper title and author list, name of the conference to which the paper was submitted
- Indication of Society Membership (membership number) and/or US citizenship/residency status, if any